Overall rating: 8.5
As an intermediate player of tennis improves in his/ her gameplay, there is a need for an upgrade in your racket is to have a great balance of both power and control. An ideal racket that can help you achieve this is the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 racket.
The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 racket is designed to offer you great comfort and maximum ball speed. It also provides optimum spin and power. Thus, it is an all-round racket that is suitable for both intermediate and advanced players of tennis.
Technical Details – Yonex Ezone Dr 100
The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 is a product of the Yonex company, a brand known for the production of different types of high-quality racket for tennis players of all levels.
The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 comes with a combination of black and blue conventional color. These colors are seen all over the racket’s frame. This vibrant color combination of this racket makes it appealing to the eyes. This racket weighs 11.1 ounces, and so it belongs to rackets with average weight. Its average weight makes it easy to swing and comfortable. Also, you will feel no load on your shoulder, arm and elbow even during aggressive play.
This racket comes with a standard length of 27 inches.
The 16×19 string pattern and a head size of 100 square inches of the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 racket allow for increased power. It also results in a larger sweet spot and extra spin. These features make this tennis racket a perfect choice for a fast-paced game.
Below are some of the advantages of the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 Racket.
- Arm Friendly- The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 comes with an average weight of 300 grams, this makes it easy on the arm, shoulder and elbow. Its average weight makes the racket suitable for extended play. It also improves your comfort while playing the tennis game. Thus, if you are a middle-aged player or you are a player who is prone to arm injuries, you should consider playing with this tennis racket.
- Suitable for both intermediate and advanced tennis players- the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 Racket comes with features that allow for greater comfort, spin and power. Due to the increased spin and power provided by this racket, it is perfect for intermediate and advanced tennis players who are looking to take their gameplay to the next level.
- Increased stiffness- this product comes with extra stiffness, and this helps to add more control and power. Moreover, its stiffness enables you to be aggressive with your returns. Therefore, it is more comfortable to return a serve or a powerful smash with the Yonex Ezone Dr Racket.
Some of the disadvantages of the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 Racket are:
- Slower swing- The stiffer feel of this racket makes it not to swing as fast as the less stiff rackets
- Also, the playability of the stringbed of the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 racket is quite uneven
Features and Benefits – Yonex Ezone Dr 100
The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 Racket comes with some fantastic features that will be of great benefit to you as an intermediate or advanced player of the tennis game. These features include:
The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 Racket features the isometric head technology. The feature involves the increase in the number of main strings and cross strings that meet in the centre of the racket whereas, in the conventional rackets, the main strings and cross strings that meet at the centre of the racket are lesser.
Thus, this technology helps to increase the sweet spot by 7% than the conventional round frame. The increase in the sweet spot as a result of this technology helps to prevent off-centre hits when you are playing the tennis game. Ultimately, this feature helps to improve your gameplay as you can balance your hits at the top of the frame.
Dual Shut System
Another feature of the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 Racket is the Dual Shut System which includes the shockless grommets at the bottom of the frame and the Quake Shut Gel. The shockless grommets help to reduce impact vibration. On the other hand, the Quake Shut gel in the grip helps in the removal of the tiniest discomfort from the frame.
So, this system helps to improve the comfort and control you get with every shot you make. With this type of racket, you get about 50% reduction in vibration than you get in conventional tennis rackets.
The head of the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 Racket comes with an aero shape. This feature results in smoother contours throughout the head of the racket. This, therefore, results in reduced wind resistance as well as extra racket speed.
Oval Pressed Shaft
Another feature that is worthy of note in the Yonex Ezone Dr 100 racket is the Oval Pressed Shaft. This technology involves the building of an ideal amount of shaft flex at impact into the tennis racket to extend the dwell time of the ball on the racket. This extended dwell time consequently leads to directional control and enhanced ball spin.
Amazing Cushion Grip
The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 tennis racket comes with a fantastic cushion grip which helps to reduce vibration. The cushioning performance of this racket’s grip helps to prevent your wrist, elbow and forearm from shock-induced injuries. Ultimately, this racket offers you optimum comfort when playing the tennis game.
The Yonex Ezone Dr 100 is no doubt a fantastic tennis racket that comes with mind-blowing features and benefits. Its average weight, as well as other features like the super cushion grip, enables it to provide players with maximum comfort. Thus, it is suitable for extended and aggressive play without causing fatigue.
Moreover, the perfect blend of control and power that this racket offers makes it ideal for both intermediate and advanced tennis players. It is also an ideal choice for players who want to play professionally and confidently on the court. You can as well be rest assured to improve in your gameplay as you use this excellent tennis racket.