Overall rating: 8.4
This Babolat Drive Max 110 has been in existence as far back as 2013, and it has been selling ever since then. Players love this tennis racket because of its impressive ability to give spin and power maximally. Many other rackets have been produced after this one, but due to its qualities, it still stands out, thus a force to be reckoned with.
Asides the qualities of Babolat Drive Max 110, it is well known for its affordability. But do not for a second think because it is of low quality because of its price. It comes with great control, excellent speed, with maximum power on your shots. Given how old it is, it can still be considered as a well-rounded tennis racket.
This review is meant to let you know that though, and this tennis racket has been around for a while, it is still very much durable and useful. Trust that, mere words are not going to do the convincing, but the facts that will be discussed would.
Technical Details – Babolat Drive Max 110
Babolat Drive Max 110 comes with a length that is a bit longer than others of its type. This shows as soon as it is used the first time, in terms of an added power and a weighty feel.
It weighs 9.2 oz that is 260g. It is the same as Drive Max 105. The racket balance is 2 pts Head Heavy. It corresponds to its swing weight of 311, which makes it solid strung. Its flex is 71. It also comes with a beam measure of 27mm with a length of 27.5 inches.
Babolat Drive Max 110 has a string pattern that is a bit dense, and it measures one by 20 inches. This contributes to its consistency and the solid feel of your shots. It has a generous sweet spot, and it is a bit high in the string face.
What exactly are the makes Babolat Drive Max 110 worthy of buying and what makes it lesser than some other rackets?
Why should you buy Babolat Drive Max 110?
- Comfortable Grip Size: the grip is made of Syntec Soft material built with Cortex Comfort Technology. It is Babolat’s trademark. This ensures the player gets an excellent support and more comfort. The grip sizes are of two types; come with ¼ and 3/8 which offer a better hold and comfort.
- Better Spin Capability: it comes with a string pattern of 16 x 20 that gives the outstanding spin capability for a tennis player. The string pattern gives you better control and comfort while you are serving strokes. You can restring it to make it durable and comfortable to play with.
- Powerful shots: this racket can offer powerful backhand and forehand shots. It has a graphite construction that enhances how reliable and powerful it is. It becomes easier on your arms with time, and it is also for volleying.
what you may not like when you get it
- Stiffness: this racket can be very stiff, making it a bad option for beginners. Its stiffness requires excellent skills of a good player, so there is not a loss of stability and control of your shots.
- No casing and Unstrung: it says prestrung in the market, but users have said it comes unstrung and with no casing bag as well. You may need to pay for stringing of a racket if you don’t know how to.
Features and Benefits – Babolat Drive Max 110
Babolat Drive Max 110 has been constructed with quality materials, and they ensure its durability. Some of the features include;
Cortex System Technology and Geometry
One of the impressive features of Babolat Drive Max 110 is the Cortex system. It is above the grip of the racket, and it dampens the vibrations nicely. The vibrations must be dampened, so you don’t lose focus and control of your shots.
The Cortex technology dampens all you vibrations and in turn, provides better control and more stability of your shots. It has an elliptical geometry that helps to increase the overall power and prevent twisting.
The materials of Babolat Drive Max 110 makes the strength and durability of the racket possible. The whole frame is designed with care to provide an excellent playing experience.
It comes with a comfortable grip with extra padding inside that offers a nice feel when playing. The string quality provides good smashing with accuracy, power, and control.
It is a lightweight racket that helps to produce a smooth transition and good maneuverability. It has a stiff feel that is not so good for beginners and intermediate players. When serving, the upper hoop that is stiff helps generate power and excellent stability. It has extra space in the string bed that prevents a bad spin and give better control.
It comes with an extra length that offers leverage, so balls played at you can be driven quickly. It also powers away swing volleys that floaters very promptly in the court.
It comes with an extra length has resulted in a weighty feel and power. It has a wide beam and a large head that generates powerful shots. It also has a large sweet spot that feels a bit high in the string face. The large head size and the wide beams make mishits powerful and easy to control. The baseline aids the flat hits and gives lots of energy transfer at that time of contact.
Babolat Drive Max 110 has been around for a while, but it is very good, getting it would not be a regrettable decision. This racket is perfect for everyone that plays tennis, but because of its stiffness, beginners should probably consider another. Players generally would love it because it provides the basic needs of a standard tennis racket.
This racket also works great in terms of serving, net, and smashes. It also helps to improve your skills as a player, and you can gain reasonable control over the ball. The sweet spot is quite large, and it has an excellent energy transfer with the swings. This helps you produce shots that are great very easily.